- Now we will discuss about the ideal baby weight chart by month in kg, how much weight should a newborn baby gain and many more with the help of a chart.
- Every parent general worries about their baby’s weight and growth over time.
- The infant weight chart , may help you keep a track of your child’s weight and growth in a correct manner.
- Newborn baby weight chart is essential to know if is physical growth is headed in the right direction.
Today’s topics for discussion
- Newborn baby weight chart
Tips to read the weight chart for a baby
Why is baby weight important ?
Importance of baby weight chart
Feeding process for weight gain
1. Newborn baby weight chart
|Months||Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)|
|0||2.5-4.3||2.4 - 4.2|
|1||3.4-5.7||3.2 - 5.4|
|2||4.4-7.0||4.0 - 6.5|
|3||5.1-7.9||4.6 - 7.4|
|4||5.6-8.6||5.1 - 8.1|
|5||6.1-9.2||5.5 - 8.7|
|6||6.4-9.7||5.8 - 8.7|
|7||6.7-10.2||6.1 - 9.6|
|8||7.0 - 10.5||6.3 - 10.0|
|9||7.2-10.9||6.6 - 10.4|
|10||7.5-11.2||6.8 - 10.7|
|11||7.4-11.5||7.0 - 11.0|
|12||7.8-11.8||7.1 - 11.3|
Formula to calculate baby weight
Consider - Normal Newborn baby weight is 3 kg
1 month baby weight- 3.5-4 kg
2 month baby weight- 4-4.5 kg
3 month baby weight (Add 1.5kg to birth weight)= 3 kg + 1.5 kg = 4.5 kg
5 month baby weight- Double of birth weight - 2*3 = 6 kg
weight around 8 to 9 month will be around 8-9 kg
Average weight at 1 year of age = 9-10 kg
Approximate weight at 2 year of age = 12 kg
Avg. weight at 3 year of age = 14 kg
Average weight at 4 year of age = 16 kg
Approximate weight at 5 year of age = 18 kg
Average weight at 6 year of age = 20 kg
Avg. weight at 7 year of age = 22 kg.....
★ Boys and girls have separate growth charts because boys have a slightly more weight than girls and their growth figures differ from each other.
2. Tips to read the weight chart for a baby
- For understanding the above chart is very simple
- Either you are referring to a baby boy or a baby girl weight chart by month, you would see that there are different columns made for both girls and boys according to their months.
- Months are mentioned in the first column then the weight of boys following by the weight of girls.
3. Why is baby weight important ?
- Your baby's weight is the most crucial measure your doctor may use to determine the growth of your baby or is he or she developing as expected or if there maybe and underlying concern.
4. Importance of baby weight chart
*Baby weight chart , helps parents as well as pediatricians , assess the nutritional status of an infant.
*Plotting weight of babies on charts allow you to keep a track of your child's growth and development.
5. Feeding process for weight gain
- Healthy babies normally lose weight upto a 10th of their birth weight in first week.
- This can be because in the first few days the baby receive less amount of breastfeed.
- But , when Mother’s begin producing the breast milk it helps the babies to gain more weight.
- Breastfeeding is very important for a baby’s better growth and development and of course weight gain.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/icaremychild
♥ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icaremychildofficial
♥ Twitter: https://twitter.com/icaremychild
- Instagram: https://Instagram.com/icaremychild
Ask Queries on page : www.icaremychild.co.in/queries
If you found above post helpful then share it with your friends on your social media pages.